About Me

My name is Sara and I am on the quest for a better me! I was banded on May 23, 2012. Come join along and help me stay accountable!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Let's start at the very beginning....

...A very good place to start!  My name is Sara and I am 31 years old.  I am starting this as a private blog, and if I get confident, I might just make it public :-)  I am starting a quest to a better me!  Don't get me wrong, I am usually pretty happy with myself, I consider myself a fairly outgoing, well-adjusted person, with some areas I would like to improve.

Part of this improvement is some weight loss.  I am well into the morbidly obese category when looking at the BMI.  For the most part, this doesn't bother me.  I am not on a ton of medications, or in the doctors every other week.  I am however at that point where my weight is limiting what I am able to do.

I am an outgoing person.  I crave adventure.  However, I am usually over the weight limit for those things I find adventurous.  I love to travel.  Last year, I had to get a seatbelt extension for the first time on an airplane.  It was rather humiliating.  This year, in Jamaica for my cousin's wedding, I was not able to do any of the excursions I wanted to do (the zip line through the jungle sounded amazing!) because at almost 300 lbs, I am over the 250-275 limit for most of the fun ones.

So, for the last year, my sisters and I (I'm one of 6 kids, but thats for another post!) started Weight Watchers together.  I rocked it for the first 5 months or so, losing almost 35 lbs.  IT FELT GREAT!  But, I started having difficulty keeping it up.  So for the last 7 months, I've been up and down determined not to gain it back, but not losing any more.

Which brings me to one of the big items I'm planning on blogging about.  My quest through the lap band process.

No comments:

Post a Comment