About Me

My name is Sara and I am on the quest for a better me! I was banded on May 23, 2012. Come join along and help me stay accountable!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'm here, I'm here!!

Hey folks.  Just wanted to drop in and say - I really am still here.  Things have been busy.  But that is good.  Banded life is better.  I recommitted last fall, and have had another 3 fills since then.  I'm down just short of 50#'s now.  I'm steadily losing pounds.  Its a good thing.

See!  You can actually see a difference!

Part of this is that I think I'm finally at a point where I actually have restriction.  Just with these last two fills I've figured out that I actually have a tool requiring behavior modification!  The other part of this is that I am actually moving.  I got myself an activity tracker (I have a jawbone up24) and started using that gym membership I pay for every month.


Here is me - post treadmill workout.  And guess what.  I'm actually doing things!  I "ran" for 22.5 minutes the other day.  IN A ROW.  AND DIDN'T DIE!  woo-hoo!  

Anyway,  I got back on my blog page, and am kind of sad that there are a lot of people I started this journey that aren't on the same journey anymore.  Lots of us stopped posting after a year.  This journey is hard.  I know that.  I fell off the wagon big time.  But the good thing is, we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and keep on keepin' on.  

While I'd like to say I'll be posting a lot,  chances are it won't be as often as my pre-surgery excitement posts.  That energy is hard to beat.  But it will be more frequent then it has been.  



No comments:

Post a Comment