Since I started following my followers, I've read a ton of these 10 things Thursday things. I'm going to start out easy and move up to more complicated as I continue the journey.
1. I am the oldest of 6 kids - 5 girls and a boy. Yes the boy is the last, yes we all have the same parents, and no, they did not "keep trying till the got the boy" They just liked even numbers :-)
2. I live with a 5 lb Chihuahua / Papillon Mix - She is the most adorable dog in the world as evidenced by the following pic- She is also the complete opposite of me. I could lay out a bag of food for her and she'd nibble and then walk away when she was full. I have no understanding of how that works!
3. I was a girl scout all the way through 12th grade. Was this close to finishing my gold award, which is the highest award (similar to eagle scout in boy scouts) and didn't finish my project - BIGGEST LIFE REGRET TO DATE!
4. I am a life long student. I have a bachelors in occupational therapy, a masters in special ed (assistive technology emphasis), and will be starting an MBA program this fall. ALWAYS learning!
5. I have a hard time turning down free school - see above post. Was lucky enough to have an academic scholarship for my undergrad degree, a Dept of Education grant for my first masters, and hope to get the 2nd masters through a tuition assistance program at work.
6. I have spent most of my adult life working with children with special needs. It is always challenging and sometimes very trying, but I love being able to change people's lives.
7. I am preparing to be a bridesmaid for the 8th time. Yep 8th time! That means 8 different brides have had to try and find a dress to fit big ol me... not an easy task. One wedding had girls ranging from a size 2 (not me) to a size 22 (yep that was me... and skinnier than I am now!)
8. I'm a crier. When I'm sad, mad, happy, just because. Have been known to randomly break down at work, school, home, wherever. Best thing to do. Leave me alone for a few minutes, and let me catch my breath. Promise, I'll be fine. The more you comfort, the harder it is for me to stop!
9. HOLY COW this is hard.... and this is only my first time--- how do you veterans do this every week!
10. I was originally very nervous about starting this journey... Now I cannot wait! Reading your blogs has made me super excited to start the next chapter!