- It has been a crazy week. My partner in crime (the other full time faculty member) is back from vacation this week, but my boss is still out. She had a hernia repair 2 weeks ago. Was supposed to be laproscopic, but ended up being an open surgery. Now the site is infected. I was told that I am pretty much the head of the dept until she comes back. This comes with reports, meetings, and lots of following up with students. This is fine if it is my only job, but I'm still teaching and next week is finals so I have a TON of grading to get caught up on. Plus have a class starting clinicals in like 3 months that I have not even started to place! Boss is supposed to be back this week... i'm keeping my fingers crossed!
- I weighed in on Tuesday, like I'm supposed to but just changed my ticker today. Up 1.6. Last week was the first week of "NO restriction eating." I had 4 days before I buckled down and made some new goals. I think it could have been worse.
- Re: my goals from last week. I have worked out 3/4 days I was planning on. I ended up having to help my mom pick up / drop off car which, plus had meetings for a non-profit I'm on the board for. Basically, I didn't get home before 8:30 any night this week and I really had to get grading for school done. NO extra time. I did 2 hours of yard work - Mowed the grass and then cleaned up behind the shed. I didn't take a before shot, and really should have, but I think it is much better now! What you can't see in the first picture is that I've already cut off the 2 inch diameter vines that were growing THROUGH my fence (you might be able to see a nub). It took me a bit to cut through them (with a bow saw) and get them cut up small enough to go out with yard waste. I am surrounded on all 3 sides by people who refuse to take care of their yard! GRR
- I am in the process of trying to finish some projects at my house. My bedroom has no decor, and no paint on the wall other than ugly used-to-be-white-in-probably-1970. I have a groupon that is going to expire in July for a professional group to come in and paint a room. I say, I need my bedroom to look like a grown up's bedroom. So, I called a friend that is MUCH better at decor than I am, and we set out to look for new bedding (and then eventually new paint.) I found my ideal bedding (after a couple of hours of looking). It was 50% off. It was meant to be. Until nobody had a queen size in stock. I mean NOBODY. The (new) sales clerk said I could order it online. Great. I am usually anti-credit card, but for this purpose, I was planning on opening the card, getting the additional 20% off (which pretty much pays for the cute decorative pillows) and then paying off in cash. Went downstairs to apply for credit card. Approved. Went to kiosk to order queen size online. NO QUEEN SIZE! So now, I have a credit card I didn't really want, and no bedding, which makes me MAD, and really sad (b/c I loved it). If you remember my very first TTT (found here), pay attention to #8. I'm a crier. For lots of reasons, for no reasons at all. I made it out of the store, but might have had a little meltdown in the parking lot. I feel bad for my friend, who knows I'm crazy, but is still not really used to it. I'm now debating on getting the king size comforter (sheets are sold separately) to see if the overhang is too much.
- Re: my current eating. I actually went out to eat twice in the last couple of days. I think I'm doing pretty well. Lunch at a sandwich place where I ordered a 1/2 of a chicken caesar wrap (sub light ranch instead of caesar dressing) and a baked potato. Ate 2/3 of the 1/2 of the chicken wrap and maybe 6 bites of the potato. Then went to another place with family yesterday. Chicken sandwich (minus mayo) and a splurge on sweet potato fries. Ate 1/2 of the sandwich and 1/2 to 2/3 of the fries. Ate the rest of the sandwich this morning. While I know it is probably more than the 1 cup I'm allowed, with no real restriction, this is a big deal for me. And with both I had maybe 2 sips of water. That seems like its going to be the hardest part, and I'm really trying to practice.
- My doc's office called this week re: my scheduled (first fill) appt on the 26th. I was originally supposed to come back in two weeks (which would be this upcoming week), but there was no room, so I was scheduled for the 26th. Now my doc has to be out, and I got moved to the 28th. Don't these people know I have goals to meet and need some help! GRRR
So- that's my story. Some TTT, some WTF, a whole lot of info. Congrats if you made it through it all! Hopefully I'll get a chance to blog more frequently this week, so that it won't be a novel next time!