About Me

My name is Sara and I am on the quest for a better me! I was banded on May 23, 2012. Come join along and help me stay accountable!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back to school, back to school

I'm not sure if any of you are old school Adam Sandler fans, but the title is me singing the little song from Billy Madison.  Always happens when I go back to school.

In the past I've mentioned that I place clinical rotations for students at a 2 year health-science program.  That is my normal job.  However, a couple months a year, I have two jobs.  This means that this month, I am both working the clinical end of things, and teaching a regular class.  I started back to work yesterday, thinking, I teach college students,  if need be, I can just sit down and lecture.

Thats not me.  I got there, and got right back to my normal routine.  This was apparently too much.  I underestimated how much talking for 4 hours would affect me.  Then meetings, and paperwork, etc.

At about 4:30 pm yesterday (while I was still at work) I got this sharp pain under my ribs on the left side.  Much more sharp then anything I'd experienced so far.  I couldn't take a deep breath.  Didn't know if it was gas, a muscle spasm, or something else.  I walked the building, hoping it would move stuff along, went home for a brief time to take some Gas-X, still not really making it better.  Went to WW and walmart with my sisters, once again, hoping the walking would help any leftover gas to move its way along.  Got home last night at like 8:30, laid down with a heating pad and 15 minutes later it was gone.  YEAH!!!

So, after that, I was actually kind of hungry, and figured I would eat just a couple ounces of yogurt.  Ate the yogurt and it flared back up.  Spent the night with a heating pad and managed to sleep some.  So I'm up this morning and it feels like my muscle is super sore under my ribs.  Not the sharp pain of yesterday, but still there.  I'm heading back to work this morning, but thinking that after that, I might give the surgeon a call just to make sure it is nothing crazy, and then maybe come home early.

Anybody experience anything similiar.  Googling is dangerous, and always leads me to believe it is something way more than it really is.

Oh, by the way, I'm down 11.4 lbs this week!  I know there is no way this will keep up, but I'll take it for this week!

3 comments:

  1. No sorry not something I experienced probably a good thing to run by doctor! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I read the title, in Billy Madison voice! lol
    I hope your pain isn't anything serious, good idea to run it by your surgeon and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know what doc says... I'm heading back to work tomorrow, but giving serious thought to only doing 1/2 day

    ReplyDelete