About Me

My name is Sara and I am on the quest for a better me! I was banded on May 23, 2012. Come join along and help me stay accountable!

Friday, May 11, 2012

BYOC


Bring Your Own Crazy!


It’s Friday fun day! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog if you so desire and have fun!


1. Are you a “wake up on the first beep of the alarm clock” or a “hit the snooze button 50 times before you get up” kind of person? Is your alarm clock set to the right time?


Um, I am definitely a hit the snooze button girl.  I have 3 alarms set for 5:45, 6:00 and 6:15, and they all snooze and repeat at odd times.  Recently however, I have gotten up at 5:35 almost every day to pee, and yet I still go back to bed, fall completely asleep (its a gift - I can fall asleep in under 2 minutes, literally) and then continue my snooze routine.

2. Do you decorate for any holidays other than Christmas?


I'm a slacker.  Through and through.  I used to go all out and decorate a lot.  I was the one that made stockings for each and every one of my 6 different college roommates.  Now I've gotten a bit lazy.  Really, I don't spend any of the actual holidays at my house. I'm at somebody else's house.  I'm sure if / when I have kids I will totally go all out and decorate, but for right now, I'm perfectly happy helping decorate other peoples' houses.  :-)

3. Would you consider yourself a spontaneous fly by the seat of your pants kind of person or a massive OCD controlling planner kind of person or someone in between?


I can go either way.  In fact I am usually one way or the other.  Either super over-planned, or completely against making a decision.

4. Tell me some of your MUST have hair products that you use consistently….you know - share your “hair routine."


I am really trying to find a new hair routine.  Over the last few years, my hair has gotten much thinner, (and I'm not even banded yet - REALLY worried about hair loss after).  I have fine, curly hair.  I fought it for years, straightening it everyday.  I got a shorter haircut a year or so ago, and now wear it curly.  So. Products I use - starts with Paul Mitchell Round trip which is a gel, followed by Aveda's phomollient (a softer mousse), then a few spritzes of a spray gel (right now its garnier curl shaping gel) and then I use the diffuser.  I have already started taking biotin, and just bought the bumble and bumble thickening line in prep for the aftermath of the band.  We'll see!

5. Repeat question: How was your week and what are your upcoming weekend plans?


My week was insane!  Work is crazy busy and I'm trying to get everything prepared for me to be gone. I actually went today to do all of my pre-op testing.  Chest x-ray, barium swallow, blood work, EKG and I'm ready!  I got to meet my band-class, and so far so good.  I was sad to see I was probably tied for the heaviest person in the group, but also SUPER surprised how much other people DON'T know! I'm a super researcher, which is what got me involved in all of your wonderful blogs.  I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge, I am so glad I have a completely realistic view of what is about to happen, and what I will need to do to ROCK my band!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had any problems with hair thinning since being banded so hopefully you won't either.

    ReplyDelete