I realize I'm complaining. I realize I'm detoxing, I realize that this is important and I will not cheat. I also know that I have it easy compared to some of you.
Some of you asked, so here's the rundown of my pre-op diet
Any amount of -
- Sugar free beverages such as crystal light
- Coffee, tea, water
- Broth or strained broth-based soups (low sodium)
- Sugar free popcicles, sugar free jello
In moderation -
- Juice - 1 cup per day
- Milk - 2 cups per day
- No sugar added fudgesicles 2 per day
- High protein, low carb shake 2 per day
Solid Foods -
- Fruit - 2 servings per day
- Dairy products - 8 oz light yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage cheese or SF pudding - 3 per day
- Raw Veggies - 2 cups per day - No dips / salad dressings etc
So, I realize it is not nearly as restrictive as some of you have had. Here's the thing. I am a picky eater. I love my carbs. I love my meat. I do not love fruits and veggies. In fact, I gag on most of them. I can eat grapes, raw carrots and very basic salads (if I have a creamy dressing). I also cannot handle popsicles with a stick in the middle - don't ask why, but it gives my goosebumps and makes me icky. So, this journey is not only about nixing the things that I should not be eating but learning to like things I currently do not. You might laugh, but I am an early intervention therapist (in my spare time) and I actually work with picky eaters... it is something I've had lots of training on. Time for me to walk the walk and learn to like some new, healthier foods.
So thats all for now --- well, I will mention that I had my sister take before pictures last night. Tank and undies pics. You will not see them here (they might blind you.) Not yet at least. Maybe when I'm rocking my band, I'll use them for motivation for others. Right now they are motivation for me.